This full-time, salary plus commission position is responsible for sales of our entire line of Automation solutions to new and existing accounts in a Kansas territory. Residence in Wichita or Kansas City area is preferred.
HTE Automation is an Automation Solution Provider (ASP) for manufacturers, serving the Kansas, Missouri, and Central-Southern Illinois manufacturing community. HTE is a multi-business unit, privately held company. The Automation business unit specializes in supplying manufacturing solutions to regional factories including:
- Motion Control - Mitsubishi Electric Automation; Advantech, Moog Animatics, Applied Motion Products, and Apex Dynamics
- IIoT Networking – MB Connect, Murr Elektronik, and Wago; and
- Electrical Cabinets & Components – Rittal, ABB, Wago, and Murr
- Robotics - Universal Robots, Epson Robotics, MiR (Mobile Industrial Robots), IAI, and Tolomatic;
- Conveyors - Dorner;
- Machine Safety – ABB, Balluff, and Parco;
- Machine Vision and Smart Sensors - Cognex and Balluff;
- Part Traceability – Cognex, Balluff, and LNA;
- TECHTEAM Training & Services - HTE TECHTEAM
Automation Sales Engineer
In addition, this position will collaborate with other individuals from sales and product marketing on strategic opportunities where collaboration is needed to win.
- Find and gain entry to new prospects within the assigned geographic territory
- Follow-up by phone and in-person visits on vendor and marketing product inquiries
- Build a larger, balanced, sales portfolio across all product disciplines as guided by the sales manager
- Make appointments for the purpose of conducting product and service-solution demonstrations
- Work closely with HTE’s TECHTEAM resources to optimize HTE’s offering based on each prospect’s set of needs and requirements.
- Work with the dedicated Inside Sales team to generate proposals and documentation
- Assist as required at regional marketing events
- Add to, and update prospecting activities and project opportunity information in CRM
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven track record of sales performance in the manufacturing automation industry
- Proven track record of operating in a complex solutions-based sales environment
- Possess an effective, defined sales process shown to deliver consistent results
- PC and Mobile user with a strong working knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to work independently, achieving established goals is required
Education and Work Requirements
- Technical AS, AA, BS, or BA Degree or equivalent work experience
- Technical sales experience of 2 years with a provable record of success in selling to production managers and engineers is also required
HTE Automation has served the Midwest manufacturing community for 60 years, supplying advanced technologies to help compete aggressively on a global scale.