KANSAS CITY SALES ENGINEER WANTED
HTE Automation is the regional leader in supporting local manufacturers exceed their production through-put goals. Our focus for 62 years has been on delivering proven, rapid ROI equipment and service solutions, whether they be individual robot, PLC, HMI, or other discrete solutions, or a complete work-cell that will accelerate established processes.
We use advanced technology solutions to overcome persistent production problems, and to meet the ever-changing production demands encountered on the factory floor.
Our HTE Engineered Services Team is comprised of HTE engineers and technical support staff working closely with our sales staff, all of whom work with engineering and technical departments at our industry leading equipment suppliers, and customer technical and production staff.
As it serves manufacturers in Kansas, Missouri, and Illinois, the HTE Automation team focuses on applications involving Programmable Logic Controllers, Servos, Drive Inverters, Machine Safety, Industrial IoT, Connectivity Solutions, Traditional Robots, Collaborative Robots, Machine Vision, Industrial Barcoding, Product ID, Conveyors, Parts Feeders, and Electrical Panel Enclosures.
Open Sales Position
The Automation Sales Engineer for HTE Automation is responsible for the field sales of our entire line of robots (collaborative, traditional, mobile), automation conveyors, machine vision, PLC, HMI, VFD, servo motion, sensing and wiring solutions. Download our services and product linecard from the link at the bottom right corner of this page.
This is a proactive sales role, in a defined territory and/or to a set of end users, machine builders, integrators, and OEM’s. In addition, this position will collaborate with other individuals from sales and marketing on strategic opportunities where collaboration is needed to earn new business. Additional tasks will be assigned as needed by the manager.
Essential Career Building Functions:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proactively prospect to find new customers and opportunities.
- Conduct product and solution demonstrations virtually, or at customer sites.
- Embraces both in-person and remote digital methods for prospecting and productive relationship building.
- Follows up on sales leads and schedules customer visits.
- Utilize Inside Sales for back-office activities like quotes and sales collateral distribution to customers.
- Assists at trade shows and other marketing events.
- Coordinate evaluations utilizing the Applications Engineering team.
- Maintain and continuously update project information in CRM.
Minimum education and work experience required:
- Experience, and a proven track record of sales success selling electrical automation solutions.
- A provable track record of operating in a solutions-sale environment.
- Uses defined sales process to deliver desired results on a consistent basis.
- Willing to take instruction, to study and constantly learn.
- Ability to work independently is required.
- Ability to translate a value proposition into brief dynamic video using tools like Vidyard.
- PC literate with a working knowledge of MS Windows applications.
- Technical Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Proven sales experience and a good track record for exceeding sales targets is required.
- Experience in selling technical products to production managers and engineers is also required.
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and/or stoop.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Control Panel Builder
(This Position Has Been Filled)
We no longer have a full-time position available for a Control Panel Builder to join our TECHTEAM
The HTE TECHTEAM
focuses on providing industrial components & engineered solutions to our manufacturing customers in Missouri, Illinois, and Kansas. This includes: industrial robots, control systems, machine vision, conveyors, and programming services.
For this control panel builder position, our target candidate should be proficient in building custom electrical control panels and assembling a variety of mechanical components.
Required minimum skills to be considered for the position:
Read and follow panel layouts and wiring diagrams
Layout, mounting, and wiring electrical components
Cutting, stripping, bending, and forming wire cables and conduit
Drilling, tapping, and cutting holes in metal enclosures
Comfortable using a variety of hand and power tools
High attention to details
Complete assigned work in a timely and efficient manner
Ability to work independently
Other duties may include:
Loading and unloading trucks
Shipping duties including packaging and shipping product
Required minimum qualifications to be considered for the position:
3-5 years related job experience minimum
CAD experience a plus
Be able to lift and move up to 50lbs
Be able to stand for extended periods of time
Ability to operate forklift and pallet jack
Hours: 7:30am to 4:00pm
Our company offers a competitive hourly wage and benefit package including medical, dental, and 401K plan. Paid holidays and paid time off. Starting wages will be dependent upon experience, skill, and ability.